Skip to content
Under review/in preparation
- Bouwer, F.L., Burgoyne, J.A., Odijk, D., Honing, H., & Grahn, J.A. (under review). What makes a rhythm complex? The influence of musical training and accent type on beat perception.
- Roncaglia-Denissen, M.P., Bouwer, F.L., & Honing, H. (under review). Language and music syntax: simultaneous processing of long-distance dependencies.
- Honing, H., Bouwer, F.L., Prado, L., & Merchant, H. (under review). Rhesus monkeys (Macaca mulatta) sense isochrony in rhythm, but not the beat.
- Bouwer, F.L., & Henry, M.J. (under review). The dynamic nature of neural entrainment to the beat.
- Bouwer, F.L., Wild, C.J., Honing, H., & Grahn, J.A. (in preparation). Attentional load influences connectivity between motor areas during beat perception.
- Bouwer, F.L., Slagter, H.A., & Honing, H. (in preparation). Temporal and identity predictions shape sensory responses to sound in interaction with attention.
- Honing, H., Bouwer, F.L., & Háden, G.P. (2014). Perceiving temporal regularity in music: The role of auditory event-related potentials (ERPs) in probing beat perception. In H. Merchant & V. de Lafuente (Eds.), Neurobiology of Interval Timing (pp. 305–323). New York: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-1-4939-1782-2_16
- Honing, H., & Bouwer, F.L. (in press). Rhythm. In Rentfrow, J. & Levitin, D,. (Eds.), Foundations of Music Psychology: Theory and Research. MIT Press.
- Bouwer, F.L., & Honing, H. (2013). How much beat do you need? An EEG study on the effects of attention on beat perception using only temporal accents. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. doi: 10.3389/conf.fnhum.2013.212.00030
- Bouwer, F.L., & Honing, H. (2012). Rhythmic regularity revisited: Is beat induction indeed pre-attentive? In International Conference on Music Perception and Cognition (pp. 122-127). Thessaloniki: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.